Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How Neighborly Of Me

I have been very busy this week getting ready for Christmas. I came outside yesterday and noticed the Christmas lights my neighbor had carefully placed on our bushes had fallen off. Being the self designated neighborhood police, I meticulously replaced them back to where they were originally. After dark I realized that the neighbor had moved the lights on purpose because some of them were burned out!! Now I'm repositioning them... again...under the watchful eye of a confused neighbor. This situation would not have been nearly as bad if he hadn't been the same neighbor whose grapevine I yanked down because I thought it was a weed..twice. Doing everything in duplicate (that is not my job in the first place) is keeping me very busy.

It is a Biblical Principle to do my best to love my neighbor as myself. It is a Principle of Survival that my neighbor does his best to maintain a safe distance. Maybe I will just love my neighbor period and leave myself out of it. Maybe next year I invite the neighbor over to see if we can decorate the neighborhood together, double the fun and not the efforts. First I want to finish trimming this grapevine.

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty funny stuff, my friend! There are one or two typo/grammar issues which a good editor would clean up for you. I find it helpful to read aloud; often you will discover awkward syntax or missing words when you hear yourself reading.

    This is a funny one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tilly, good things come in twos...I'm so glad you've duplicated your errors - makes the planet doubly perfect for us. The only thing the Lord hates about doubles is...tongues. Keep up the good work!
    Creel

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm that kind of neighbor too, I cut down a fully grown lilac bush that had a thorny vine overtaking it and then stepped back in horror when I saw what I'd done...taken it all down but one 12foot limb.Now that looks sexy. The neighbor never said anything to me, but I know she secretly wants to hurt me. I do feel bad.And, I am a control freak and I'm learning to live with that too. LQ

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. If you have trouble posting your comments use Anonymous in the pull down list and leave your name. Thank you !